This report is the culmination of surveying 430 C-level executives on the changing trends in procurement during January and February 2022 and the accompanying research and interview programme of practitioners and subject-matter experts, conducted by the Economist Impact research team. This report was written by Siddharth Poddar and edited by Pooja Chaudhary and Harsheen Sethi, with support from Amanda Simms on sub-editing.
Economist Impact wishes to thank the following experts for their participation in the interview programme:
- Andrew Brightmore, executive director, Foodbuy Australia & Compass Group Australia
- Chris Shanahan, chief procurement officer, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Steven Carnovale, assistant professor of supply chain management, Saunders College of Business at the Rochester Institute of Technology
- Gary Graham, associate professor in operations and supply chain management, University of Leeds
- Pardeep Gill, chief procurement officer and vice president of supply chain, Ameren