The path to 2020: Marketers seize the customer experience is based on a global survey of 499 CMOs and senior marketing executives, plus in-depth interviews with leading CMOs. The research explores which technologies and customer trends are likely to change marketing organisations the most over the next five years.
The EIU has developed a framework—“The layers of engagement"—that classifies the elements that contribute to a personalised customer experience, and how it creates value for a customer and for a marketing organisation.
- A survey that included responses from 499 chief marketing officers (CMOs) and senior marketing executives worldwide. More than 50% of respondents hold the CMO title or top marketing position. Respondents are located in North America (27%), Europe (30%), Asia-Pacific (36%) and Rest of World (7%). More than 50% of survey respondents (52%) hail from companies with more than US$500m in revenue.
- A series of in-depth interviews with senior executives.
- Chris M Kormis, Associate Dean and CMO, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University
- Kristin Lemkau, CMO, JPMorgan Chase
- Jonathan Martin, CMO, Pure Storage
- Hans Notenboom, Global Head of Digital, Philips
- Keith Weed, CMO, Unilever